Thursday, September 29, 2005

Favourite Songs Part 2

This is an addendum to my list of favourite songs Part 1. Continued:

26. Can’t fight the moonlight – LeAnn Rimes from Coyote Ugly film soundtrack

27. Fallin’ – Alicia Keys

28. I’ve had the time of my life – Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes from Dirty Dancing film soundtrack

29. Take it easy – The Eagles

30. Build me up buttercup – The Foundations from the There’s Something About Mary film soundtrack

31. Sing - Travis

32. When doves cry – Romeo and Juliet film soundtrack

33. Didi – Khaled

34. Yellow – Coldplay

35. Beautiful Day – U2

36. Wonderwall – Oasis

37. In the end – Linkin Park

38. Romeo and Juliet – Dire Straits

39. A thousand miles – Vanessa Carlton

40. Virtual insanity – Jamiroquai

41. Zombie – The Cranberries

42. Imagine – John Lennon

43. Sounds of Silence – Simon and Garfunkel

44. Bridge over troubles water – Simon and Garfunkel

45. Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme – Simon and Garfunkel

46. Let it be – The Beatles

47. Strawberry Fields Forever – The Beatles

48. With a little help from my friends – The Beatles

49. She’s a woman – The Beatles

50. Please Mr. Postman – The Beatles cover version

The Beatles songs thanks to inspiration from Sharad. Been listening to a lot of ‘em the last few days. And I realize that there are probably going to be many more songs to listen to, and whole albums to appreciate – these are just a few of the ones I like till now.

Also, this is a call for musical inspiration – I’d love to see lists of other people’s favourite songs, with reasons for why they like those songs as part of my musical education, which like every other education is going to be lifelong as far as I am concerned :-)

4 comments:

SV said...

I was a little worried when I didn't see any Beatles songs in your first list. But these songs are awesome ! And Travis' 'Sing' and U2 'Beautiful Day' were also awesome Live 8 Singalongs. Great list , this.

I'll email you some Beatles gems sometime- there are so many of them, it gets hard to choose. I'm surprised you've heard She's a Woman..it's one of their less known songs. Listen to Yes It Is, if you can...will see if i have it somewhere. Have fun.

SV said...

Oh and btw, the song Parsley, Sage Rosemary and Thyme is called Scarborough Fair. Useless trivia : My old Chinese flamate decided to have 'Rosemary' as her english name, thanks to this song :)

Penny Lane said...

Yay for the Beatles. Of all the ones you listed here, I think Strawberry Fields Forever is my favourite!

Anjali said...

Sharad: Thanks for the encouragement. Will look forward to the Beatles gems in the future. And yes, I did realise later that its called Scarborough Fair and not parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme-thanks though!

Penny Lane: Yes, I like that one too. And thanks for visiting!