Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Love, Actually

I don't know what it is about the movie Love Actually that turns me into a perfect soppy fool. I've watched it...what...5 times to date (maybe more, I'm not counting), and each time I watch it, I turn into a tear-mill at the end. I mean, it's not a sad movie at all - it's a poignant, funny, touching one, and all the love stories woven into the movie are just portrayed and written out so well. And I KNOW what's coming, and how each person is going to react, and all the rest of it, but I STILL watch it, and shed happy tears of joy for a few seconds at the end. It's a real feel-good movie. You can't help but feel at the end of it, that there's more to life than the strife and bloodshed and rot that surrounds us in the papers, or on TV.

There is love.

And while I'm on the topic, may I point out that Colin Firth is one reason I watch this movie, Pride and Prejudice, and Bridget Jones' Diary again and again. He's one romantic personality!!!

.....and 'Notting Hill' just started on TV after Love Actually...and oh OK, Hugh Grant is rather dishy as well, I must admit!!!!!!

2 comments:

BRN said...

I really hate these 'chick flicks', but for some reason always watch Love Actually when it is on TV. I never go out of the way to rent it but cannot switch channels when it is on TV. I understand what you are talking about :-)

Anjali said...

Bipin: you rock! the first male i know of who likes the movie :-)